Make sure your phone is rooted. Can’t do it without the rooty-juice. Also, a Debian distro is required. See here for how: http://www.saurik.com/id/10
I just reflashed my G1, so I had the opportunity to try again and figure out the exact steps! Here they are, as they worked for me:
- Download the N770 Hamachi tarball: http://files.hamachi.cc/linux/nokia-…nx-n770.tar.gz .
- Untar/ungzip it, it will extract to hamachi-n770-0.9.9.9-20.
- cd into there, and run sh ./install.
- mkdir /dev/net to create the node directory in /dev.
- mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200 to create the tunnel device.
- apt-get install sudo if you don’t already have it.
- apt-get install libcrypto++7 if you don’t already have it.
- ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
- sudo tuncfg to get the tunnel driver started.
- hamachi-init to set up the initial configuration and RSA keys.
- hamachi start to start up Hamachi.
- hamachi login to login to the Hamachi network.
- hamachi set-nick nickname if desired.
- hamachi join network passwor if desired.
Success!! Got my G1 online and logged into my Hamachi network! I did apply this Linux fix (to make it stay online within my Hamachi2 network — this is Hamachi 0.9.9):
echo KeepAlive 10 >/root/.hamachi/config
Maybe overkill, as it’s gonna send a ping every 10 seconds over the air, which I’m sure will eat up my battery after a while.