- Log in to your PC using an account with administration rights.
- Open the Start menu, type “regedit” into the search box and press enter.
- Navigate to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents” directory in the registry.
- Double-click on the registry entry labeled “OOBETimer.”
- Change the current string of letters and numbers to “FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD” and then hit “OK” to save the settings.
- Right-click on the “WPAEvents” folder and select “Permissions.”
- Deny permission access for the “System” listing and click “OK” to save the configuration. The Windows XP® activation notice is now disabled and removed. Your computer will now be activation popup free!
Removing the Windows XP